BERNE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A woman is in hospital after an incident on Warners Lake in the town of Berne. The Albany County Sheriff’s Office received a call at 4:25 p.m. on Saturday stating a kayak was overturned and a patient was in the water.
Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple has said the woman was assisted by boaters after they witnessed her struggling in the water. The boaters rowed out and got the woman back to shore.
The woman was transported to Albany Medical Center for further medical treatment.
Albany County Sheriff’s Emergency Medical Services, Herderberg Ambulance, East Berne Fire Department, and the Berne Fire Department assisted in the rescue.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Local telehealth program on the horizon for emergency medicine
- Albany County Hockey Facility parking lot to host drive-thru Toys for Tots toy drop-off
- Credit union donates school supplies to students in Schenectady CSD
- WATCH: 22nd Congressional Debate
- Wood Theater cuts staff to part-time as pandemic furthers “dire situation”