BRIGHTON BEACH, N.Y. (NEXSTAR) — A 70-year-old woman was filmed being attacked from behind with her own cane in Brooklyn.
Elba Fuentes was waiting for a bus in Bright Beach after leaving a fruit market Sunday afternoon when the attack happened, WABC reports.
“She grabbed me… and threw me down facedown to the floor; she started kicking me,” Fuentes told WABC on Wednesday.
The attacker repeatedly struck Fuentes with the cane, took her sneakers, and made a grab for her purse as Fuentes tried to protect her face, the video shows.
“I started screaming ‘please help, I need help,'” Fuentes told WABC.
A couple in a car and a man on the street reportedly stopped to help. Video shows the man pulling the attacker off of Fuentes before pushing the attacker away.
Another woman helped Fuentes get her shoes back as fire crews arrived, WABC reports.
“There are good people in this world, that’s what I always say,” Fuentes said of the good Samaritans.
- Pres. Trump to hold Wednesday evening press conference
- New legislation blocks housing providers from support animal discrimination
- Often doubted, rarely defeated
- Amsterdam taking steps to reduce lead in water system
- WATCH LIVE: Biden, Harris to make unusual campaign debut in virus era