TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Rensselaer County District Attorney Mary Pat Donnelly announced that a sealed indictment was handed up for Vera Crumble, 35, of Troy. Crumble was arraigned Wednesday on one count of second-degree murder and one count of second-degree arson.
The fire at 177 Third Street happened on July 17 and lead to the death of 64 year-old Thomas Bessette.
“Bessette suffered injuries from the fire set by Crumble, received treatment and succumbed to his injuries seven days later,” stated Chief ADA Matt Hauf.
- Local lawmakers say distraction looming over budget hearings
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Even with federal aid, tax increases ‘on the table’ for NY, Cuomo warns
- Cuomo: ‘I’m not going to resign because of allegations’