WHITEHALL, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The 2020 Whitehall Sasquatch Festival and Calling Contest has been canceled.
The group behind the festivities posted on the Facebook page Visit Whitehall NY that uncertainty around COVID-19 has made planning this year’s event impossible.
The festival had been planned for Sept. 26.
“We are so grateful to all of the attendees, and vendors who come each year, and we hope you will join us in 2021,” the post reads. “Thank you for your support. Be safe, be smart, and stay healthy!”
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- Say ‘Goodbye’ to plastic: Tops Markets stops offering plastic shopping bags
- Bubonic Plague case diagnosed in China
- ‘God has another angel’: Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after COVID-19 battle