LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) is beginning weeknight road work on portions of Troy Schenectady Road starting September 7 for a resurfacing project. The construction will take place between Rensselaer Avenue and Gaffers Court, and on the ramps leading to and from I-87 at Exit 6 in Colonie from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
NYSDOT says there will also be periodic full, overnight closures of the on-ramp from Troy Schenectady Road to the northbound Northway. Motorists will then be directed to a detour using the southbound Northway to Exit 5, where they can re-enter the Northway to head northbound.
NYSDOT says closures are expected to continue through early October. Workers will also upgrade existing sidewalk ramps during weekdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. using flaggers and lane closures as necessary.
Motorists should watch for flaggers’ directions and slow down. Fines are doubled for speeding in work zones.
More from NEWS10
- Big Game Bound: Key showdown between Bucs and Rams highlights Week 3 NFL slate
- National Coffee Day: Dunkin’ offering free medium coffee for North Country members
- Albany HS’s Homecoming and Hall of Fame events canceled due to COVID
- Gov. Hochul reaffirms support for new ‘Less is More’ law despite police pushback
- Take a haunted tour of the NYS Capitol in-person or online