SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y (NEWS10) — The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) is advising motorists of lane closures for this weekend. There will be lane closures on southbound I-87 between Exit 16 and Exit 15 in Saratoga County from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. on September 11 for maintenance work, weather permitting.
NYSDOT also says one eastbound lane of I-90 over Erie Boulevard in Albany near Exit 6A will be closed starting September 10 at 7 p.m. through September 12 at 5 a.m. for bridge work.
NYSDOT reminds motorists to move over a lane, if safely possible, or slow down significantly whenever encountering maintenance vehicles.
Motorists are urged to drive responsibly. Fines are doubled for speeding in work zones.
More from NEWS10
- RetailMeNot reveals top shopping trends for 2021 holiday season
- Hundreds gather at Rochester hospital to protest vaccine mandates
- Free fall fitness classes offered at the Empire State Plaza
- Police search for 2 men charged in connection with infant’s death after not showing up for court
- Pediatrician conducting vaccine trials at Upstate talks about study’s progress