ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The New York State Department of Transportation (DOT) is advising motorists of upcoming weekend ramp closures. The Route 9 ramps from Henry Johnson Boulevard in Albany and Loudon Road in Colonie to eastbound I-90 will be closed from 6 p.m. on October 1 until 3 a.m. on October 4, and again from 6 p.m. on October 8 until 3 a.m. on October 11.
During these closures, motorists will be detoured to westbound I-90 to Exit 5 for Everett Road, where they can loop around for eastbound I-90. Motorists should also watch for up to two lanes to be closed on eastbound I-90 approaching Exit 6A during these work hours.
These closures are part of an ongoing $15 million project to improve bridges along I-90 in Albany.
DOT reminds motorists to obey flaggers’ directions and slow down significantly whenever encountering construction vehicles. Fines are doubled for speeding in a work zone.
More from NEWS10:
- La Salle saves season with dramatic comeback win over Amsterdam
- Niskayuna blanks Saratoga to advance to Class AA semi-finals
- Siena women hold media day as they prep for November 6 exhibition
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A
- Burnt Hills cruises past Niskayuna, locks up Grasso Division