WATERVLIET, N.Y.(NEWS10)—A new email scam is out there involving Walmart and a fraudulent $3000 check to buy gift cards with. Luckily, the person who got the email was suspicious and called the police.
Watervliet Police Patrolman John Yerry warns if you suspect something is off with a phone call or email, especially one that promises you money and/or wants your personal information, to call your local police.
Yerry also says that if someone comes to your door and you don’t feel comfortable to call the police. He says the police don’t mind at all coming by to check things out.
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office warning public about internet scams
- Social Dilemma: If I rip a shirt while trying it on, should I pay for it?
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- 09/22/2020: A milder day to begin autumn
- Local independent pharmacy faces challenges