WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – On Wednesday, a Watertown couple was arrested for possessing illegal firearms, initially stopped by Police for a traffic violation.
Tyrese Kimmons, 22, and Elaine Permillion, 31, were arrested, following a traffic stop by Troopers of a 2010 Dodge Charger on I-81, Police said.
On September 22, Troopers interviewed the driver and learned that Kimmons, was currently on Federal Probation for weapons trafficking, as a result of a 2019 ATF investigation Police said.
Kimmons provided consent for Police to search his vehicle when a loaded 9mm Glock 17 pistol was located in the center console Police said.
Kimmons was charged with:
- Second-Degree Possession of a weapon (Felony)
- Third-Degree Criminal Possession of a Weapon (Felony)
- Third Degree, Criminal Possession of a Firearm (Felony)
The passenger in the vehicle, Permillion, was also arrested and charged with the Criminal Possession of a Firearm (Felony).
Permillion was released on an appearance ticket.
More from NEWS10:
- Trick or treat: UAlbany men’s basketball welcomes community for Halloween night
- Andy Gresh joins Rosie Langello in studio to breakdown the Patriots first home win of the season
- CDC advisers clear the way for Moderna and J&J boosters, ‘mix & match’ shots
- Alec Baldwin speaks out after deadly movie set shooting: ‘There are no words to convey my shock and sadness’
- Schenectady group wants Lady Liberty statue moved “out of exile”