QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Police say they arrested Jovare D. Thevenin, 22, of Queensbury, and charged him for engaging in sexual intercourse with a child under 15 years old.
Police say Thevenin knew the victim, and that the alleged incident happened in Queensbury.
The charges against Thevenin are second-degree rape, second-degree sex abuse, and endangering the welfare of a child. According to New York’s sentencing guidelines, these charges could be worth up to 9 years if Thevenin is convicted.
Thevenin was arraigned in Queensbury and remanded to Warren County Jail on $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond.
- UAlbany men’s basketball defeats NJIT 76-66, will play Hartford
- UAlbany men’s lacrosse defeats Colgate 15-9
- NY Judge grants preliminary injunction to 90 bars and restaurants, extending curfew
- Statement win for No. 10 Syracuse over No. 3 Virginia
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine