GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – As work on Dix Avenue continues to upgrade the water lines, sewer lines, and roadway, the city says there will be water disruptions to the surrounding homes and businesses, potentially shutting off water for up to four hours.
The expected schedule for water disruptions are:
- April 13 on Prospect Street and Orchard Street
- April 14 on Sierra Street and McDonald Street
- April 15 on Sierra Street and the north side of Platt Street
- April 16 on the north side of Platt Street and the north side of Uncas Street
The City of Glens Falls recommend water customers take certain actions in advance of the shut down, including:
- Finish tasks that use water, such as clothes washing and dishwashing, prior to the scheduled shutdown
- Avoid using water during the shutdown, such as turning on faucets, flushing toilets, or bathing, as this may cause air to be trapped in the system and could damage water heaters or other appliances
- Fill containers with water for drinking, toilet flushing, or sanitation
- Run water from all faucets for a short time once water service is restored
The City adds that eastbound traffic is being diverted to Lawrence Street, with traffic on Dix Avenue limited to one way.