GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Glens Falls Housing Authority is set to be awarded a Housing and Urban Development grant.
The award for the housing authority will directly support the Homeless Foster Youth to Independence Initiative, which helps to invest in youth homelessness prevention.
The Glens Falls Housing Authority will receive $5,548 for its FYI program.
“Local housing authorities carry out very important work to help combat homelessness, especially among our vulnerable childhood population,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “This HUD grant funding is crucial in assisting the Glens Falls Housing Authority in providing resources and services to vulnerable youth in the North Country who are facing homelessness.”
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- 09/22/2020: A milder day to begin autumn
- Local independent pharmacy faces challenges
- Bills defense prepare for first big test of the season with Rams offense
- Andy Gresh joins Yianni Kourakis to break down the Seahawks win over the Patriots