WARREN COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Warren County Health Services confirmed 73 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, as well as 77 recoveries. As of Saturday, the county was monitoring a total of 490 active coronavirus cases.
Health Services has reported 19 Warren County residents are hospitalized as of Saturday, one fewer than Friday. Four are critically ill, and, and the rest are considered in moderate condition. Officials said thirteen of the nineteen who are hospitalized are unvaccinated, and all of the critically ill are unvaccinated. Among them are an 18-year-old and a 24-year-old.
Health Services reported 25 of Saturday’s cases involved individuals who had been fully vaccinated. Cumulatively as of Sunday, 1,627 of 45,480 fully vaccinated Warren County residents have tested positive for COVID-19.
As of Saturday, 49,145 Warren County residents (76.5% of the county’s population)have received their first vaccine doses, and 45,480 have been fully vaccinated. 70.8% of Warren County residents have completed a vaccination series, compared to the state average of 67.6%. 86.2% of Warren County residents 18 and older have gotten at least one dose.
Warren County recommends residents:
- Get a COVID-19 vaccination
- Do not go to work or school if feeling any symptoms of illness, and self-quarantine until getting a COVID test
- Wear a mask and face covering in public indoor places
- Those who are not vaccinated, including children under the age of 12, should wear masks in all public indoor settings
- Wash hands frequently and maintain social distance
- If diagnosed with COVID-19, please consult a physician or urgent care center to discuss treatment
Upcoming vaccination clinics:
- Tuesday, December 14, Warren County Municipal Center, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson first doses and booster doses. (Registration links posted Wednesday)
- Tuesday, December 21, Warren County Municipal Center, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson first doses and booster doses. (Registration not yet open)
- Tuesday, December 28 Warren County Municipal Center, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson first doses and booster doses. (Registration not yet open)
The New York State mass vaccination site at Aviation Mall in Queensbury has reopened as a vaccine and testing site. Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines, including boosters and pediatric vaccines, are being offered. More details can be found on the Warren County website.
Parents and guardians can make appointments for their children at state mass vaccination sites on the New York State website. Parents can also contact their child’s pediatrician, pharmacies, or other providers for vaccination information and to schedule appointments.
Registration for the clinics is required and can be found on the Warren County website. Booster shot eligibility requirements can be found on the New York State website.