GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Warren County Economic Development Corporation offers businesses incentives to set down roots in the county. Now, as remote work blossoms amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the EDC is planning to target remote employees as well.
That doesn’t just mean reaching out to individuals; the EDC is collecting data on what industries these travelers tend to work in, and plans to offer financial incentives to small businesses downsatte that can move north without affecting what they do.
The county is mostly broadband-ready, an important factor for anyone considering making a cross-state move and continuing their current work. They and the EDC are working together to redraw the broadband coverage maps for the county, which are currently 5 years old.
Visit edcwc.org for more information.
- Illinois man discovers 19th-century tunnel beneath his property
- Warmer weather brings black bear closer to residential areas
- Risk of dying from COVID-19 far exceeds 1-in-a-million vaccine blood clot, Rochester doctor says
- Albany County coronavirus update, April 13
- Study shows 100% vaccine efficacy for kids ages 12 to 15