(CNN) — An American billionaire made sure New York healthcare workers received thousands of medical masks from China.
Warren Buffett let the city’s Mount Sinai Health System borrow two jets to retrieve 130,000 N-95 respirator masks from a Chinese hospital.
Organizers needed his smaller planes because the Chinese airport was too small for a cargo plane.
According to a source, a Goldman Sachs executive on the hospital board reached out to Buffett for help.
Because of his assistance, Mount Sinai says eight hospitals were able to nearly double their supply of N-95 masks.
- 3/6/21: Chilly, but Less Wind for Sunday
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students
- Say “I Do” to your wedding venue at Rivers Casino and Resort
- Governor Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS