(CNN) — An American billionaire made sure New York healthcare workers received thousands of medical masks from China.
Warren Buffett let the city’s Mount Sinai Health System borrow two jets to retrieve 130,000 N-95 respirator masks from a Chinese hospital.
Organizers needed his smaller planes because the Chinese airport was too small for a cargo plane.
According to a source, a Goldman Sachs executive on the hospital board reached out to Buffett for help.
Because of his assistance, Mount Sinai says eight hospitals were able to nearly double their supply of N-95 masks.
- North Country participates in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Road closure scheduled for Monday in Cohoes
- Capital Region participates in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- UAlbany women’s hoops talk challenges with America East schedule
- Shenendehowa dominates rivalry matchup with Saratoga Springs