BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Walmart is planning to hire approximately 150,000 new U.S. store employees ahead of the holidays, the retailer announced Wednesday.
Most of the new hires will be permanent, full-time positions, according to a post on the company’s corporate blog.
Along with the 150,000 new employees in stores, Walmart also announced plans to hire 20,000 associates in its supply chain facilities to permanent roles.
According to the Bentonville, Arkansas-based retailer, its average U.S. hourly wage is now $16.40, and jobs in stores pay as high as $34 an hour.
Interested applicants can apply in-store, online, or from the Me@Walmart app.
- Snoop Dogg, Martha Stewart to host new ‘very tasty’ Halloween baking challenge
- Great Danes fall to #5 Villanova in the rain
- DC Comics changes Superman’s motto, replaces ‘the American way’
- ACS ‘Strides Against Breast Cancer’ walk, Sunday
- Warren County COVID update reports 26 new cases, Saturday, Oct. 16