KILLINGTON, Vt. (NEWS10) — Vermont State Police say a woman was found with a gunshot wound to the head Wednesday night in Killington. The woman has been identified as Brittany Bouthiette, 28, of Mt. Holly, Vermont.
Police say Bouthiette was a passenger in the vehicle driven by her boyfriend, Cody Ahonen, 28, of Mt. Holly. Ahonen said that Bouthiette was despondent and pulled out a semiautomatic handgun. Ahonen reported that after a struggle over the weapon, Bouthiette shot herself.
Ahonen stopped the vehicle and attempted to render first aid to Bouthiette, while a passerby called 911. Ahonen also called 911.
Police arrived around 7 p.m. that night to the vehicle that was along Route 4 near the intersection with West Hill Road. Bouthiette was pronounced dead at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Vermont State Police in Rutland at (802) 773-9101.
- Voorheesville cruises past Coxsackie-Athens to move to 5-1
- UAlbany men’s and women’s hoops hold purple and gold scrimmages
- RPI falls in yet another overtime battle
- Teen organizes sleep-out in Bennington, urges governor to help homeless
- Chemung County Torture-Murder suspects transferred to Chemung County Jail