This increase represents $0.79, up from $10.96. The increase was calculated according to Act 86 of the 2019 Vermont General Assembly.
This adjustment will also affect the wages of service or tipped employees. Their rate is equal to 50% of the full minimum wage, so it will be $5.88 per hour in the new year.
According to current statutes, the minimum wage is set to increase again in 2022, this time to $12.55 per hour. In 2023 and beyond, the minimum wage will increase annually with inflation, calculated by the Department of Labor.
- WarEagles soar as Lake George-Hadley Luzerne beats Cambridge Salem
- Burnt Hills handles business in straight sets against Shenendehowa
- Guilderland gets great two way effort over CBA to secure top seed
- Pedaling for a purpose: Group of friends takes 800-mile bike ride for a good cause
- 3M sues Florida company over sale of fake N95 masks