CAMBRIDGE, Vt. (WFFF) — Smugglers’ Notch in Cambridge reopened to traffic Sunday night after a truck got stuck and blocked it for over four hours.
Vermont State Police say that Kyle Shepherd, 33, of Revere, Massachusetts was the driver. He apparently tried to maneuver his tractor-trailer rig through the rocks several times before getting stuck at 2:30 p.m.
Troopers wrote that Shepherd saw, but chose to ignore, the signs posted on Route 108 about big rigs not being allowed to pass through the notch. A towing service removed the trailer and re-opened the road shortly after 6:30 p.m.
Police gave Shepherd a traffic ticket worth $2,347. They cited him for impeding the flow of traffic through the notch with a prohibited commercial vehicle.
- Senior Spotlight: Lansingburgh’s Madison Gamache turns online learning into unforgettable memory
- Wayne Gretzky, Steve Nash, Dustin Johnson, and Joe Tsai team up for Vegas NLL franchise
- Mayor Kathy Sheehan faces Rev. Valerie Faust in Albany Democratic Primary
- Florida double-murder suspect who acted as own attorney found guilty: ‘I did kill Kenyatta Barron’
- Kids’ birthday parties may have contributed to COVID-19 spread