MONTPELIER, Vt. (WFFF) — Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders wants to hear from students throughout the Green Mountain State about life during the coronavirus pandemic. He’s holding an online town hall meeting Monday night.
In an email, Sanders’ office says the “Coping During COVID” forum will be about the social, emotional, and mental health challenges of the last year. Nine high school students will join him for a panel discussion. Following that, education and health leaders will take questions from any students who register for the event ahead of time.
A panel of high schoolers will join Sanders for a discussion and question and answer session. Vermont experts will also participate.
Vermont Student Panelists
- Iva Armour-Jones, Brattleboro Union High School
- Hussein Amuri, Winooski High School
- Dustin Beloin, North Country Career Center
- Elly Bliss, St. Johnsbury Academy
- Carson Gordon, Mount Anthony Union High School
- Isabella Lafemina, Rutland High School
- Wesley Palmer, YouthBuild
- Ella Partlow, Missisquoi Valley Union High School
- Lucas Whitaker, Hazen Union High School
- Cath Burns, Clinical Director, Vermont’s COVID Support Line
- Phyllis Currao, School Counselor, Proctor Junior/Senior High School
- Holly Morehouse, Executive Director, Vermont Afterschool
- Jen Olson, Work Place Learning Coordinator, Hazen Union High School
- Karen Price, Director of Family Support, Vermont Family Network
- Heather Stein, MD, Community Health Centers of Burlington