Christopher, 33, of Rutland was himself fatally shot by police in October 2019 after firing shots into the Rutland Police Station. Following a motor vehicle pursuit where they exchanged gunfire with Christopher, police ran him off the road and shot him dead.
While investigating that incident, police were notified that the body of Nicholas, 34, also of Rutland, had been discovered on State Route 53, Lake Dunmore Road, in Salisbury.
State police say laboratory analysis helped them figure out what happened between the Louras cousins last fall, but that several aspects of the case remain under investigation. Police have so far been unsuccessful in nailing down a precise timeline, and want anyone with information about these incidents to contact them at (802) 773-9101.
Christopher and Nicholas were the son and nephew of Rutland’s former mayor, also named Christopher Louras. The elder Louras left office in 2017 following a controversial term spent fighting to resettle Syrian refugees in Rutland.
- Rochester man arrested for allegedly trying to incite a riot
- 9/26/20: Summer-like End to the Weekend
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- Amy Coney Barrett: 5 things to know about Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace hosts Bunks Across America to help children in need