DELANSON, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Duanesburg Central School District residents can vote on a proposed $1.4 million project to construct a new bus loop near the front of the elementary school on September 23. The district cited safety concerns as a reason for the project.
The project would move the student drop-off and pick-up area from the shared driveway and parking lot near the front door. The new loop would be located at the north side of the parking lot and include another roadway connecting Route 7 with the school property.
Planning for the project began earlier this year and will also include window replacements for many rooms at the school. The project will have no additional tax impact due to the financial stewardship of the District and New York State Building Aid.
The district has previously held a meeting to discuss the new bus loop proposal.
The public vote will be held from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the elementary school lobby. Additional information about the project can be found on the district’s website.
More from NEWS10:
- Clifton Park holding public meeting to discuss plans for Town Center Park
- Whiteface marks first snowfall of season
- PHOTOS: State landmarks lit up pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Albany County COVID update Monday, October 26
- Berkshire DA holding town hall meetings to discuss criminal justice reform