ROTTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Voorheesville man was arrested after allegedly attempting to meet a teen for sex and then fleeing in a boat down the Mohawk River. New York State Police say Paul E. Gallione, 48, was arrested on September 22.
Police say Gallione is accused of engaging in sexual communication over social media with a police investigator he believed to be a 14-year-old girl. Gallione arranged to meet the 14-year-old at Gateway Landing Park in Rotterdam to have sexual intercourse.
Gallione arrived at the park in a personally owned boat. Police say he fled down the Mohawk River when approached by investigators. He was taken into custody when he attempted to remove his boat from the water at a boat launch near Freeman’s Bridge in Glenville.
Gallione is charged with attempted rape in the second degree and attempted criminal sex act in the second degree. Both charges are class E felonies.
Gallione was processed and released on an appearance ticket for Rotterdam Town Court on October 4.
More from NEWS10:
- NYC mayoral candidates spar over crime and COVID in 1st debate
- Hochul signs legislation ensuring retirement plan for private sector employees
- Halloween spending rising after pandemic paused holiday
- Heidi Owen West: Candidate for Saratoga Springs mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- Equinox Annual Thanksgiving Community Dinner preparations underway