BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Saratoga County is holding a mental health summit for veterans on September 17 at 1 p.m. at the Saratoga County Veterans Service Agency Office in Ballston Spa. The summit is open to all veterans and family members.
Representatives from Veterans Affairs programs and community organizations will provide information and resources to people who attend.
The Saratoga County Veterans Service Agency has been offering resources to veterans throughout September. On Tuesdays, veterans can meet up for coffee at Saratoga Coffee Traders at 5 p.m.
The agency also has a mentorship program, where local veterans are paired with returning veterans who are experiencing posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or other re-acclimation challenges. These pairings help to ease the transition from combat to civilian life.
Additional resources that may be helpful to veterans:
- Veterans Crisis Line – 800-273-8255
- Saratoga County Mental Health – 518-584-9030
- Albany Vet Center – 518-626-5130
- VA Rapid Access Clinic – 518-626-5339
- Saratoga County Veterans Service Agency – 518-884-4115
- VA Caregiver Support – 1-855-260-3274
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation Hidden Heroes Hotline – 202-249-7170
More information about the mentorship program can be found on the Veterans Peer Connection website.
More from NEWS10:
- Photos: Lego unveils largest Lego Ideas set ever with 3,955-piece ‘Home Alone’ home recreation
- Pups hit the dogwalk to showcase top Halloween pet costumes
- Narrative of riders filming Philadelphia train rape is false, prosecutor says
- 5 Things to know this Friday, October 22
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: When You Shower, Do You Wash Your Hair First or Body First?