Either way, most students will be doing some form of remote learning, which can be difficult for students and families. Walker Tutoring Services in Burlington says it’s all about time management.
“We have a lot of tutors who are working with students with things like time management, organization, and making sure that they can make a plan for the week and stick to it,” said Walker Tutoring Business Manager Connie Kent.
Kent said that many parents have expressed concerns about their children staying on top of the remote portion of their classes.
“Having a regular time of day that you are doing your remote schooling rather than saying, ‘I’m going to go out and play with my friends in the morning and I’ll do it later,'” said Kent.
Kent explained that it’s important to have a consistent schedule and place when learning remotely. It is also important to try limiting distractions at home, if possible.
“I think having a routine and sticking with it is pretty key,” said Kent.
Walker Tutoring Services offers virtual and in-person tutoring sessions, and Kent says it has been helpful for students to have one-on-one help when they can’t get it from their teachers. She expects to help students brush up on their skills as the school year begins.
- Pennsylvania high court rejects lawsuit challenging election
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State
- Shoppers turn out for Small Business Saturday, WNY businesses urge community to shop small throughout the holiday season
- Victory Church “gifts for Guns” program launches
- Albany Med nurses rally ahead of planned strike