WASHINGTON (WTRF) – The United States Navy is joining the Marines in their ban of Confederate battle flags.
Confederate battle flag displays will be prohibited from all bases, ships, aircrafts and submarines. Chief of Naval Operations, Michael A. Gilday, directed his staff to begin preparing an order on Tuesday.
According to a tweet by the Chief of Naval Operations, the order is being implemented to ensure ‘unit cohesion’ and to ‘uphold the Navy’s core values.’
- Man arrested in connection with Scotia burglaries
- FBI looking for possible victims of killer who traveled across the country
- NY Blitz Fantasy Spotlight: Week 8
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS
- East Greenbush holds Halloween parade COVID-19 style