ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — US Marshals in Buffalo and Rochester are searching for a man who they say sent a threatening letter to a family member in Buffalo.
Officials say James Timpanaro walked away from a Rochester halfway house on Feb. 16. A warrant for his arrest was issued three days later.
Timpanaro was arrested and charged with hoax in 2018 after planting fake bombs outside of a police station and post office. He pleaded guilty in August 2019.
Anyone who has any information on Timpanaro’s whereabouts is asked to call 911.
- Albany County coronavirus update Thursday, Oct. 22
- Travers Canoe to be the centerpiece of trick or treat spectacular
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Whitehall High School storm restoration to take until March 2021
- Where to watch: SU football vs. Clemson