BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)– The U.S. borders with both Mexico and Canada will remain closed into the new year. The announcement came from Acting Homeland Security Secretary, Chad Wolf.
He says the border will remain open only for essential trade and travel. However, it will stay closed for everyone else through January 21.
The border crossings have been closed since mid-March, as New York had its first serious spike in COVID-19 cases and extended month-to-month since then.
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS
- Watervliet administers hundreds of doses during vaccine clinic
- Hannaford issues recall for fried chicken tenders in select stores due to mislabeled packaging
- Albany County coronavirus update, April 10
- Taking this step after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine makes a difference, CDC says