Positions include driver helpers, package handlers, and seasonal drivers. The company said approximately 37% of their seasonal help was hired permanently after the 2019 holidays.
Potential candidates can apply for a position at 24 Avis Drive in Latham, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The virtual hiring fair will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Candidates attending in person will be asked to wait outside, wear a mask, and use social distancing.
UPS said they plan to hire at least 50,000 new employees throughout the country, many of whom will be hired on the day of the hiring fair.
- ‘Godzilla shark’: 300 million-year-old fossil discovered in New Mexico
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- Albany FireWolves unveiled as incoming NLL team name