Positions include driver helpers, package handlers, and seasonal drivers. The company said approximately 37% of their seasonal help was hired permanently after the 2019 holidays.
Potential candidates can apply for a position at 24 Avis Drive in Latham, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The virtual hiring fair will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Candidates attending in person will be asked to wait outside, wear a mask, and use social distancing.
UPS said they plan to hire at least 50,000 new employees throughout the country, many of whom will be hired on the day of the hiring fair.
- Third stimulus check: Here’s when you might get a $1,400 direct payment
- Lawmakers, union call for more college and university workers to be included in 1B vaccine class
- Newsfeed Now: Impeachment heading to the Senate, dog reunited with owners 12 years later
- ‘It’s no longer a political party. It’s a cult’: Former Oklahoma lawmaker leaves Republican party
- UAlbany vaccine site booked for months, but more appointments may open up