RUTLAND, Vt. (NEWS10) — The Vermont State Police have recaptured a convicted murderer who escaped custody last week.
With help from the FBI, police located 55-year-old William Wheelock on Park Avenue in Rutland.
He was taken to Marble Valley Correctional Center without incident.
Wheelock was convicted in 1987 of second-degree murder.
He had been released on furlough when he escaped.
- Three-time gold medalist Gabby Douglas visits the Capital Region
- Four local heroes honored for saving snowmobiler
- Bishop Maginn upsets Watervliet in first round
- Northville downs defending champs
- Bishop Gibbons tops Hudson in quarterfinals