When officers arrived they encountered a male victim who said he had an altercation with a male friend who had stabbed him during an argument.
The victim was treated by Rotterdam EMS and transported to Albany Medical Center for treatment of non life-threatening injuries.
Officers then made contact with the male suspect via phone and were able to convince the suspect to come out from his residence.
The suspect, Anthony J. Florio, 58, of 105 Ulrich Drive, was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Rotterdam Police Department.
- Assault in the 2nd Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 4th Degree.
Florio was processed and sent to the Schenectady County Jail for a pre-arraignment hold. The Schenectady County Street Crimes Task Force, The Schenectady County Sheriff’s Department, NYSP, Glenville Police, Rotterdam EMS, and Rotterdam Junction Fire Department assisted Rotterdam Police.
- Scientists develop a new strategy to fight coronaviruses, vaccinate against future pandemics
- Former Horseheads Red Lobster GM sues company for race & sex discrimination
- 10/17/21: Cool & Breezy for Monday
- Albany County coronavirus update, October 17, Sunday
- 1 in 3 men would give up watching football to get rid of their belly fat