ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Three people have been arrested after a shooting on the 600 block of Livingston Avenue in Albany. The shooting happened October 13 around 9 p.m. between Ontario and Terminal Streets.
Albany police said a 44-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the torso. He was taken to Albany Medical Center for treatment.
Those arrested and charged:
- Elijah Moses, 27, of Albany was charged with one count of attempted murder in the second degree
- Demetries Smith, 33, of Albany was charged with one count of attempted murder in the second degree. Also arrested on parole warrant.
- Kashawn Jenkins, 44, of Troy was charged with one count of criminal facilitation in the fourth degree
Smith was also charged in connection with a shooting that occurred earlier this month on North Swan Street.
Detectives also recovered a loaded handgun from near the scene on Livingston Avenue and a 12 gauge shotgun following a search warrant at a location in Albany.
All three were arraigned in Albany City Criminal Court and have been remanded to the Albany County Jail.
- Capital Center hosts Cannabis Expo
- White House urges states to prepare to vaccinate kids 5-11
- Woman passes note to cashier at South Carolina supermarket, says she fears man she’s shopping with
- How to spot ‘shrinkflation’ at the grocery store (and save money)
- 1 dead & 7 injured amid another campus shooting at Grambling State, Homecoming events canceled