(CNN) — Uber’s delivery service is now the company’s biggest source of revenue.
Second quarter revenue from Eats was $1.2 billion, double what it was a year ago. At the same time, Uber’s ride-sharing service plummeted 67%.
Over that same time period, gross bookings for rides declined 73%, while Eats bookings grew 113%. Even with the jump from Uber Eats, the company lost $1.8 billion during the second quarter.
It comes at a time when Uber is restructuring because of the pandemic. The company has cut about 6,700 jobs.
- Farm groups advocate for delay in Farm Laborers Wage Board report
- “Sage Engaged”: local college students giving back to community
- Inclusive emojis: Transgender flag, male bride among new icons expected in the next iPhone operating system
- Parents, educators work to address mental health amid virtual education
- Ford recalls over 700,000 vehicles because backup cameras can go dark