(KXAN) — The U.S. has overtaken Italy for the highest death toll in the world from the coronavirus, Johns Hopkins University says.
The U.S. has a confirmed 19,666 deaths, followed by Italy with 18,849 based on data from Worldometer which receives reports directly from Government communication channels. In New York, the death toll approaches 9,000.
On Friday, the U.S. recorded 2,074 deaths in the largest increase in coronavirus related deaths since the beginning of the outbreak, according to a CNN report.
- More than half of NY adults have received at least one dose of a COVID vaccine
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Would Call Out Someone You Saw Shoplifting An Orange?
- 16-year-old killed after being hit by a car while crossing Central Ave
- Transitions USA giving teens with autism and learning differences the tools to succeed
- City of Albany officially moves property tax payment deadline