SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Local Girl Scouts Avery and Katrina have made four ‘Blessing Boxes’ and have set them up throughout the community. The idea is to have food and personal items available around the clock for those in need.
People are encouraged to take what they need and to donate if they have extra groceries. The girls stocked the boxes with food and personal products before setting them out.
The project is part of the girls’ Silver Award project. The Silver Award is the highest honor a Girl Scout Cadette can achieve. Silver Award projects focus on an issue and require Girls to take action to make a difference and gain confidence and skills.
The boxes are located in four locations:
- St. Paul’s Church on Route 29 in Rock City Falls
- Middle Grove Church on Middle Grove Road
- St. Joseph’s Church on Route 9N
- Greenfield Center First United Methodist Church of Corinth on Main Street
Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York (GSNENY) troops have been finding new and innovative ways to help the community during this time. GSNENY is encouraging Girls to continue to play a part in the community while abiding by current safety standards.
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84
- UAlbany bounces back with win over UMass Lowell
- Police: FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting
- Oneida County Spent Over $100,000 on Legal Fees for the NY-22 Court Case
- Flyer: Not allowed on AA flight because my mask was see-through