(CNN) — The U.S. is calling this encounter between two Russian aircraft and an American B-52 bomber unsafe and unprofessional.
That is according to a statement from U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa.
It accuses the Russian pilots of crossing within 100 feet of the bomber’s nose setting off turbulence and restricting the B-52’s movements.
The statement says this behavior over the Black Sea could have caused a midair collision.
The U.S. sent B-52’s over NATO countries Friday in a show of strength and solidarity.
- 04/18/2021: Our weekend of clouds continues
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- Protesters gather outside Albany Police South Station
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Oldest living American dies at 116
- Attorney discusses Hilton principal on paid leave, hired after criminal offense