(CNN) — President Trump says he is postponing the G7 Summit until September at the earliest.
He told reporters Saturday, the change is to invite additional countries.
The G7 is comprised of the world’s economic leaders.
Trump says he would like to add Russia, Australia, India, and South Korea to the invite list.
Some G7 leaders have been hesitant to attend the summit during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Stewart’s Holiday Match Kicks off 34th season on Thanksgiving Day
- Schenectady code enforcement officer tests positive for COVID-19
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- UAlbany men’s, women’s hoops return to practice