TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A number of schools in Troy were placed on a “continued precautionary lockout” following a shots fired incident close to School 12. Police later determined a flare gun was discharged on the railroad tracks close to First Street.
Officers say students and staff from a number of South Troy schools were kept inside their buildings while the incident was investigated.
Police cleared the scene at around 10:30 on Wednesday morning, roughly an hour after the investigation began.
- Burnt Hills beats Shen in a shootout
- Five former Orange invited to USA women’s lacrosse tryouts
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Restaurants develop plan to stay afloat as temperatures begin to drop