TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Robert Bump, 47, of Rensselaer has been arrested after police say he burglarized several businesses in and around Troy. Officers set up a surveillance operation after several convenience stores were broken into.
Police say Bump was caught in the act while burglarizing a business just outside the City of Troy Friday morning. He was also connected to the burglary on Wednesday morning at XV Street store in Troy.
Bump is facing multiple charges:
- Burglary 3rd Degree
- Criminal Mischief 4th degree
- Grand larceny 4th Degree
Bump is currently on parole and was held for arraignment in Troy City Court on Friday.
- ‘I’m under here!’ Boy trapped under Jeep in his bedroom after drunk driver plows into home
- Peter Manfredonia arrested in Hagerstown, Maryland in connection with 2 homicides in Connecticut
- US economy shrank at faster-than-expected 5% rate in first quarter
- Turtle smashes through Georgia driver’s windshield
- Mayor: Officer who put knee on man’s neck should be charged