TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — This month’s Troy Night Out becomes Troy Night In, moving online to support small businesses in Downtown Troy.
This Friday is the last of the month, normally a big night to explore Downtown Troy. Because the coronavirus outbreak poses a threat to public health and everyone is staying inside, the local business association hopes consumers will shop online instead.
Viewers can experience the virtual event on Troy Night Out’s Facebook. Several local retailers offer current deals through their websites and apps. A shortlist of vendors, deals, and new releases:
- T& J Handcrafted Soap: 10% off with the code TROYNIGHTIN
- Troy Threads: 20% off
- Ashley Met Carmen: Free earrings with purchase
- Troy Cloth and Paper: Spring product launch
- Annick Designs: Free gift and shipping for orders under 1.5 pounds
- Spa Broadway at White Sands Massage: Self-care shopping special
- Audrey Rosaria Salon: “Key Tips to Maintaining Your Hair From Home” webinar
- Second Street Studios: Virtual Exhibition #3
- Victorious Life Christian Church: “Troy Unplugged Community Open Mic Show”
- Muddaddy Flats: New rice bowls with chicken, steak, or tofu
- Lime Leaf Thai Bistro: Free mini house salad with an entrée
- Brown’s Brewing Company: Mahi-mahi taco or shrimp kabob family meals
“Troy Night Out is a monthly reminder to get out and about, explore Troy and support all the incredible businesses that are located in Downtown Troy. Though we cannot get out and about this month, we ask that you find ways to continue supporting your downtown business community. Purchase a gift card or shop online with retailers and order food to go with delivery and takeout options offered through many downtown bars and restaurants. In the need for entertainment? Businesses are getting creative by offering virtual events, webinars and concerts all online. Discover ways that you can engage with downtown businesses and help them through this difficult time.”Katie Hammon, Executive Director of the Downtown Troy Business Improvement District