PORTLAND, N.Y. (WIVB) — A tornado touched down in a Chautauqua County town on Thursday.
National Weather Service tells News 4 Meteorologist Mike Cejka the tornado came down in Portland. It’s not clear how strong the tornado was, or how long it was on the ground.
On Thursday, a two-story barn on Barns Rd. was destroyed during the severe weather. The roof of the barn next to it came off, too.
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign
- Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier: “It’s better for our team when we have balance”
- The Grand at Barnwell to pay $22,000 in fines after DOH cites COVID-19 health and safety violations