ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Today’s 98.3 TRY social dilemma is all about the regift. Here’s the email I received from KelIy.
I have a question about Christmas gifts. Well, regifts I guess. Last year I received several gifts that were beautiful, but that just weren’t for me. I kept them, and even have them in their original gift bags. This year being what it is, and not wanting to go crazy Christmas shopping due to the pandemic and my personal economic situation, I’ve been thinking of regifting them. They’ve never been used and I know several people who might like what I received. When I brought it up to one friend, she said not to do it, and that it was insulting. I didn’t understand that. I think I still appreciate that the person gave me a gift, and now it will find it’s way to someone who might really use it. I don’t know. What do you think? Is it okay for me to regift these items…again, never used and still in the original gift bag? Hope you can help.
Well, personally I’m fine with regifting. I’m okay if someone gives me a regift, and I’m okay giving a regift. As long as everyone gets something they really like, who cares how it got there. That’s my take.
What about you? How do you feel about regifting? Have you done it? Are you okay with it? And would you be okay if someone regifted a present to you? I know I would.
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- Pres. Biden, VP Harris address nation after Derek Chauvin verdict
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- Voter access or voter integrity? Congress debates Republican-backed bills
- After Chauvin, Minnesota set to prosecute three other officers in Floyd death