GRANVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office reports that they’ve arrested Timothy Lee Stark, known as a figure in the exotic animal world portrayed in Netflix’s viral hit, “Tiger King.”
Stark is considered a fugitive of justice out of the state of Indiana. He was arrested and transported to Washington County Jail by Granville police. The release from the Sheriff’s Office says the arrest took place at 4 a.m.
Stark should be familiar to “Tiger King” viewers as an associate of Joe Exotic. In the show, Stark is presented as the owner of Wildlife in Need in Charlestown, Indiana, where he kept a variety of peculiar creatures.
- Vandals leave pig’s head, smear blood on former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness
- Gillibrand, Murkowski announce bipartisan bill to expand summer meal program
- Little change in this week’s gas prices
- NASA helicopter makes history-making first flight on Mars
- SUNY receives funding increase to help students from economically-disadvantaged communities