RENSSELAER COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Officials say that a third person has died due to complications from COVID-19 in the county. They say it was a 70-year-old East Greenbush man who had preexisting conditions.
“We are very saddened to learn about the death of another resident who succumbed to this very serious illness,” said County Executive Steve McLaughlin. “We extend our sincere condolences and sympathy to the family and friends of this residents.”
As of Tuesday afternoon, there have been 88 accumulative confirmed cases in the county since testing began. Of those 88 cases, 30 people have been cleared of the virus. 14 people are being treated at the hospital.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Stewart’s Holiday Match Kicks off 34th season on Thanksgiving Day
- Schenectady code enforcement officer tests positive for COVID-19
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- UAlbany men’s, women’s hoops return to practice