The class of 2020 is missing an iconic rite of passage: prom.
But, one celebrity is stepping in to give them a night to remember. “The Office” star John Krasinski sent out a prom invitation on his instragram. In the video, he asks 2020 high school seniors to join him for a virtual prom on Friday night.
“I can’t take it anymore how much you are all missing your prom. So let’s do something about it! Let’s have an #SGNprom ! Yup, I’ll DJ with some friends on Friday 8 EST/5 PST!,” one of his posts reads.
Krasinkski is calling the event SGN prom — which comes from a web series he’s using to spread good news during the pandemic called, Some Good News.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 1/16/2021: Winter storm moves out, but turning windy later today
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone