ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Wondering who is giving away free turkeys or complete holiday meals this year? #Local food banks, food pantries, and community partners have stepped up to help struggling families celebrate the second pandemic-era Thanksgiving.
YMCA delivers 950 Thanksgiving meals across the Capital Region
Beginning Thursday, November 18 through Saturday, November 20, the YMCA staff and volunteers will pack meals and deliver food baskets from the following YMCA locations.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18
- Southern Saratoga YMCA, Clifton Park, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — Pack Meals
- Schenectady YMCA, 433 State Street, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Pack Meals
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19
- Southern Saratoga YMCA, Clifton Park 12065, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Meal Pick Up and Delivery
- Glenville YMCA, 127 Droms Road, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Pack Meals
- Guilderland YMCA, 250 Winding Brook Drive, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. — Pack Meals
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20
- Southern Saratoga YMCA, Clifton Park, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Meal Pick Up and Delivery
- Greenbush YMCA, 20 Community Way, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. — Pack Meals
- Glenville YMCA 127 Droms Road, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Deliver Meals
- Guilderland YMCA 250 Winding Brook Drive, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Meal Pick Up and Delivery
- Troy YMCA, 2500 21st Street, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Meal Pick Up and Delivery
- Schenectady YMCA 433 State Street, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Meal Pick Up and Delivery
- Bethlehem YMCA 900 Delaware Ave, at 10 a.m. will provide pack meals and from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Meal Pick Up and Delivery
- Greene County YMCA 35 Route 81, Hope Plaza, West Coxsackie at 10 a.m. will provide pack meals and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Meal Pick Up and Delivery
Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady, Thanksgiving turkey donation event
Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady team members will be preparing Thanksgiving Day turkeys for donation to several local charitable organizations and community groups.
- Thursday, November 18, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., at the Rivers Casino delivery/loading dock (Rear parking lot on the left side of the property as you face the Mohawk River)
Please call Al Roney at (518) 986-6650, at least 10-minutes before arrival.
Tully Rinckey and Price Chopper/Market 32
250 free turkeys will be provided to Capital Region veterans and military services members on a first-come, first-serve basis with proof of military ID.
- Tuesday, November 23, from 12 – 1:30 p.m., Price Chopper parking lot, Colonie Plaza, on Central Avenue
Capital City Rescue Mission
The City rescue mission is preparing to serve over 1,200 Thanksgiving Meals. The mission says 150 Turkeys with Fixings will be also given to pre-registered local residents before Thanksgiving.
- On Monday, November 22, from 9 – 11 a.m., food will be prepared by volunteers for Thanksgiving Day, and 150 turkeys & food boxes will be handled out to pre-registered local residents
- On Thursday, November 25, Chapel service will began at 11 a.m., and dinner will be served from 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- Holiday Cafe will follow Thanksgiving dinner from 12:15 – 2 p.m. (coffee & cookies) with games
All are welcome, and take-out meals will also be available. The mission is located at South Pearl Street in Albany.