ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany Police are investigating after a 14-year-old sustained injuries to his leg following a shooting on Ontario Street.
Police were notified of the shooting victim by Albany Medical Center Hospital staff Monday night. They said the victim walked in to be treated for a gunshot wound to the leg.
The 14-year-old told officers he was shot by an unknown suspect while walking on Ontario and Benson Streets.
His injuries were non-life threatening.
Police are investigating and anyone with information is asked to call the Albany Police Detective Division at 518-462-8039.
100% anonymous tips may also be submitted to Capital Region Crime Stoppers online at www.capitalregioncrimestoppers.com or by using the free P3 Tips mobile app.
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Man arrested for arson after Elks Lodge fire
- Trump gets endorsement of NYC police union
- Over $470k donated after North Carolina boy fatally shot at point-blank range while playing
- SU Football players sit out of practice again over COVID-19 concerns