SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – There was a large police presence on Brandywine Avenue in Schenectady Friday morning. Officers from multiple agencies were attempting to arrest a suspect who wass barricaded inside a residence.
Schenectady Police Department confirmed the suspect has multiple warrants out for their arrest.
An section of Brandywine Avenue around the 500 block was been closed off for several hours.
Officers have also confirmed the incident is not connected to the stabbing which took place on Albany Street early this morning.
The street reopened at around 10:15 a.m.
This is a developing story and more information will be added as it becomes available.
- Local telehealth program on the horizon for emergency medicine
- Albany County Hockey Facility parking lot to host drive-thru Toys for Tots toy drop-off
- Credit union donates school supplies to students in Schenectady CSD
- WATCH: 22nd Congressional Debate
- Wood Theater cuts staff to part-time as pandemic furthers “dire situation”