(NEWS10) — With people woking from home, staying home from school, and public events cancelled amid the current COVID-19 outbreak, many people are utilizing streaming services as a way to entertain themselves.
The company HighSpeedInternet.com surveyed 500 people about what their streaming service of choice was and results indicated 47 percent of people prefer Netflix over other services.
The market is crowded with options when it comes to streaming including services offered by Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, and Amazon among others. The majority of people prefer Netflix, but Amazon Prime Video came in second at 14 percent, Hulu at 13.6 percent, and Disney+ at 13 percent according to the survey.
Here are some additional interesting finds from the company’s survey:
- When respondents were asked “if you had to choose one streaming service, what would it be?” Netflix won by far, with 47% of respondents saying they would choose Netflix. The next most popular was Amazon Prime Video (14%) followed by Hulu (13.6%) and Disney+ (13%)
- When asked why they chose that as their favorite, 75% of people said content was the top reason.
- 49% of respondents said they are overwhelmed with the amount of available streaming services.
- 14% of people currently pay for 4 or more streaming services.
- 43% of people said they use someone else’s login for at least one other streaming service that they don’t pay for.
- 55% of respondents have signed up for a free trial and cancelled it to save money.
To view the full report, click here.